Automate Excel report to place certain data into existing report?

  1. #1
    Craig Harrison
    Guest

    Automate Excel report to place certain data into existing report?

    I get an Excel spreadsheet report that I need to bring over the store number
    to and existing report. The common field for both is the client number. I get
    this report every week and would like to automate the process. Right now I
    have to go line by line through hundreds of stores. Is there a way I can set
    this to automatically do what I am asking? Thank you for your help.

  2. #2
    David
    Guest

    RE: Automate Excel report to place certain data into existing report?

    You might try looking at VLookup to get you started, if you are trying to
    find a value in various worksheets.
    --
    David

  3. #3
    Sasa Stankovic
    Guest

    Re: Automate Excel report to place certain data into existing report?

    yes, it's possible to automate such report management in excel. best way is
    to use macros or, even better, VBA. But, for start, vlookup will make
    finding information easier...
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Craig Harrison
    Guest

    RE: Automate Excel report to place certain data into existing repo

    Please correct me if I am wrong but VLookup is not exactly an automated way
    to take my report I need to write and extract data from a store report. Each
    of these reports are updated daily. I would like to have some method that
    would automatically synch my report and extract data from the store report.
    Is this possible?

    Thanks again,
    Craig