Need help on creating a formula in excel

  1. #1
    tbarrows
    Guest

    Need help on creating a formula in excel

    I have a starting balance of 1,022.00 for savings... each pay day I want to
    add to that balance....I am trying to get a formula to work I want the sum to
    appear in Cell C39 and every other column is unused, my deposits to savings
    (example would appear in columns E39, G39,I39 and so...) the only thing that
    appears when following foluma is entered is ... #VALUE!

    =SUM(1022+(E39:BY39))

    How is this formula incorrect?
    Help me please

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Need help on creating a formula in excel

    =1022+SUM(E39:BY39)

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    tbarrows
    Guest

    Re: Need help on creating a formula in excel

    Thank YOU!! I have been working on this silly thing for about the past 4-6
    hrs... you don't know how many times, I have felt like screaming... thank you
    for such a quick reply to my problem

    Sincerely
    tbarrows