Execl formula return the lowest value

  1. #1
    Excel Lowest Value
    Guest

    Execl formula return the lowest value

    What formula do I use to return the lowest value whether numeric or character
    in the column?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Execl formula return the lowest value

    Surely lowest can only apply to numeric, in which case it is just =MIN(A:A)

    "Excel Lowest Value" <Excel Lowest [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bernie Deitrick
    Guest

    Re: Execl formula return the lowest value

    You could use an array formula, entered with Ctrl-Shift-Enter:

    =INDEX(C:C,MAX((C1:C1000<>"")*(ROW(C1:C1000))))

    This will return the 'lowest' value from the first 1000 rows of column C - by which I took to mean
    the last entry in the column....

    HTH,
    Bernie
    MS Excel MVP