Opening Different Programs using Excel.

  1. #1

    Opening Different Programs using Excel.

    I am not sure whether this is possible or not. I have created a front end screen so that I can open a series of spreadsheets I need throughout the day. However, there are a couple of problems I need help with.

    1) Is it possible to open a 'Project' file using this front end?
    2) Is it possible I can create it so that just the front end comes up rather than the spreadsheet it was created on.

    Any help would be much appreciated.

  2. #2

    Re: Opening Different Programs using Excel.

    When you say a front end screen do you mean a User Form in Excel?

  3. #3
    Yes, I am sorry if it was not clear. It's just that i need to get this sorted fairly soon as I am due to take on a managerial role at work and I will need to use these spreadsheets a lot.

  4. #4
    JonR
    Guest

    RE: Opening Different Programs using Excel.

    Never tried it with Project, but here's some code that I use to open an MS
    Access database. Might give you an idea. You might have to modify the
    "oApp.OpenCurrentDatabase" line to suit MS Project.

    Sub OpenAccess()

    Dim LPath As String
    Dim LCategoryID As Long

    Application.DisplayAlerts = False

    'Path to Access database
    LPath = "C:\Reporting.mdb"

    'Open Access and make visible
    Set oApp = CreateObject("Access.Application")
    oApp.Visible = True

    'Open Access database as defined by LPath variable
    oApp.OpenCurrentDatabase LPath

    'Open form called Categories filtering by CategoryID
    'LCategoryID = Range("A2").Value
    'oApp.DoCmd.OpenForm "Categories", , , "CategoryID = " & LCategoryID

    Application.DisplayAlerts = True

    JonR