New VLOOKUP problem

  1. #1
    sfi
    Guest

    New VLOOKUP problem

    I have a new problem
    I have added a ComboBox to lookup the ingredient
    in e6. Now I'm getting a new error.
    What do I replace e6 with to work.
    The ComboBox is named ComboBox1

    =VLOOKUP(E6,'Food DataBase'!E1:H2500,4,FALSE)
    =VLOOKUP(ComboBox1,'Food DataBase'!E1:H2500,4,FALSE)

  2. #2
    Fred Smith
    Guest

    Re: New VLOOKUP problem

    This should work. What error are you getting?

    Fred

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    shail
    Guest

    Re: New VLOOKUP problem

    Hi SFI,

    The name you had as "ComboBox1" will never work. It is the name of the
    Combo Box and you shouldn't use it to VLOOKUP.

    Try this one -

    Give a name to your list on the spreadsheet. Say you have the list from
    A2 to A10, so name the range as ingredient. Now, cell E6, go to Data /
    Validation. Click "Allow" and select "List". Type =ingredient on the
    box below then press Enter.

    You will find a dropdown list and this is what you wanted to LOOKUP.
    Now put the VLOOKUP function

    =VLOOKUP(E6,'Food DataBase'!E1:H2500,4,FALSE)

    I hope this will work fine with you.

    Thanks

    Shail