Need to ungroup cells but don't have the option.

  1. #1
    Cara
    Guest

    Need to ungroup cells but don't have the option.

    I need to ungroup cells but group and ungroup are both grayed out options.
    Why would that be and how can I ungroup?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Need to ungroup cells but don't have the option.

    Is the sheet protected? (tools>protection)

    Peo Sjoblom

    Excel 95 - Excel 2007
    Northwest Excel Solutions
    www.nwexcelsolutions.com

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Cara
    Guest

    Re: Need to ungroup cells but don't have the option.

    Unprotect is not an option but neither is protect. It's odd but a lot of the
    options that are standard on all sheets are grayed out on this one.

  4. #4
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Need to ungroup cells but don't have the option.

    This would indicate that the workbook is Shared.

    Tools>Share Workbook.

    Uncheck the "allow changes etc." option.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  5. #5
    Cara
    Guest

    Re: Need to ungroup cells but don't have the option.

    That did the trick, thanks a million!!!

  6. #6
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Need to ungroup cells but don't have the option.

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Always helps us if we know what resolves a problem.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  7. #7
    Gord Dibben