Formulas autofill ok but continues to carry tot from 1st column??

  1. #1
    ET
    Guest

    Formulas autofill ok but continues to carry tot from 1st column??

    I have been using the Sum and Subtotal function on my spreadsheet for a year
    with no problem. All of a sudden when I change my formula to include
    additional lines or use the filter, the formulas are no longer working. It
    autofills correctly, but carries the total from the 1st column all the way
    across and does not change when I change the filters unless I click in the
    formula bar for each column.

  2. #2
    Guest

    Re: Formulas autofill ok but continues to carry tot from 1st column??

    Hi

    Make sure that your calculation is set to automatic. It's on
    Tools/Options/Calculation tab.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ET
    Guest

    Re: Formulas autofill ok but continues to carry tot from 1st colum

    Thank you very much, now I can be productive again. I have no idea why this
    would have changed.

  4. #4
    Guest

    Re: Formulas autofill ok but continues to carry tot from 1st colum

    Glad you're sorted!! This option is determined by the first sheet you open
    in any session - and it is Excel-wide. Therefore, the first sheet you opened
    today must have been saved with calculation set to manual.