Delete contents of cells

  1. #1

    Delete contents of cells

    I need some help. If Cell A4 has a value of 0 I need the contents of A4 B4 C4 D4 E4 and F4 to be deleted. Can anyone help?

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    RE: Delete contents of cells

    Do you need them DELETED or just blanked out with a formula?

  3. #3
    Justblanked out, sorry!

  4. #4
    Sloth
    Guest

    RE: Delete contents of cells

    1. If you have a formula in those cells you can change it to look like this

    =IF(A4=0,"",formula)

    this will make the cell look empty, and make it's value equal to nothing.

    2. If you have entered values in the cells you can use conditional
    formatting and select "formula is" with the following formula

    =$A$4=0

    click the "format" button and change the font color to white (or whatever
    you cell color is). Then click ok. This will make the cells look empty but
    keep there value the same.

    3. You could write a macro that would actually delete the cells every time
    you enter 0 in A4. I can't help you here, but I know it's possible.

  5. #5
    Sloth

  6. #6
    Sloth