function for conditional value from another worksheet

  1. #1
    frustrateddotcom
    Guest

    function for conditional value from another worksheet

    I'm trying to say if the value in a cell in worksheet A is blank, let the
    value in worksheet B also be blank. (Cells are linked)

    If the value in a that cell in worksheet A is anything other than blank,
    show it in worksheet B.

    The linked cells are text, dates, numbers, etc.

    Help me!

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: function for conditional value from another worksheet

    You can use a If in the formula

    =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Max
    Guest

    Re: function for conditional value from another worksheet

    Instead of : =Sheet1!A1
    use: =IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  4. #4
    frustrateddotcom
    Guest

    Re: function for conditional value from another worksheet

    Thank you very much. It worked!

  5. #5
    frustrateddotcom

  6. #6