Display a weekly summary

  1. #1
    markag
    Guest

    Display a weekly summary

    Hi all,

    I have a full years worth of data, a value for every day of the year, and I
    need to have a worsheet that summarizes the previous weeks data. I would like
    to show the value for each day of the week, monday through sunday. I'm
    somewhat new at excel and I don't have a lot of experience with date & time
    functions. If someone could help me out I would really appreciate it.

    Thank you,

  2. #2
    shail
    Guest

    Re: Display a weekly summary

    Hi Markag,

    Send me an example over my email box, i guess i can do it.

    Thanks,

    Shail

  3. #3
    markag
    Guest

    Re: Display a weekly summary

    My data is arranged like this

    Date Daily Values
    1/1/2006 75%
    1/2/2006 82%
    1/3/2006 57%
    . .
    . .
    . .
    12/31/2006 78%

    I just want to pull the data for the previous week into a separate worksheet
    in the same file. I don't need someone to do it for me; I would like to
    learn how so I can do it again later if needed. Would I have to use some
    sort of VLOOKUP and TODAY functions?

  4. #4
    markag
    Guest

    Re: Display a weekly summary

    My data is arranged like this

    Date Daily Values
    1/1/2006 75%
    1/2/2006 82%
    1/3/2006 57%
    . .
    . .
    . .

  5. #5
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Display a weekly summary

    Install EasyFilter

    You can filter and copy weeks to another sheet very easy
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl