Unlocking excel features

  1. #1
    Jeni R
    Guest

    Unlocking excel features

    Hi there - My boss sent me an email with an excel attachment. It's a huge
    list of contacts. I need to expand the columns and make notes. Everything
    seems to be locked. All of my choices are grey in color and will not let me
    select them.
    Thank you for your help.

  2. #2
    John Michl
    Guest

    Re: Unlocking excel features

    With the file open, try Tools > Protection > Unprotect Sheet (or
    Workbook). If you are not prompted to enter a password, you are in
    luck. If you are prompted for a password, you'll need to contact your
    boss.

    - John