How can I retrieve data from the same cell, from multiple sheets?

  1. #1
    Alex Costache
    Guest

    How can I retrieve data from the same cell, from multiple sheets?

    Hello,

    I have a Worksheet with many sheets (~20-30) and I want to use the data from
    these cells and to summarize it in a single sheet. At the moment I use the
    regular formulas (SUM(A1,A2,A3) but I end up with very long formulas, hard to
    handle.

    Is there a formula that could SUM/AVERAGE/COUNT the data from the same cell
    (i.e. H12), from all sheets of the document? This would be very useful
    because when I add a sheet I would not have to change all formulas again.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Toppers
    Guest

    RE: How can I retrieve data from the same cell, from multiple sheets?

    One way is to add to "dummy" sheets named (for example) "Start" & "End".
    Place the sheets to be summed etc between these two tabs i.e
    Start,Sheet1,Sheet2 ....,End.

    In your summary sheet, which is (obviously) not in the Start/End block, use:

    =Sum(Start:End!A1:A5)

    HTH