conditional formatting for multiple lines using similar criteria?

  1. #1

    conditional formatting for multiple lines using similar criteria?

    Presuming values in Column A and Column D, how could you conditionally format all values in Column A equal to or greater than those in the same row but in Column D?

    Would there be any way to apply that to a range? So far I haven't had luck.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: conditional formatting for multiple lines using similar criteria?

    Hi Baltimore,

    on A2 create a conditional format and change to "the formula is"

    use =a2>=d2

    choose the format and click OK

    copy a2 to the other rows on column A and paste special formats

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Marcelo

  4. #4
    Marcelo

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: conditional formatting for multiple lines using similar criteria?

    Select all cells in column A
    Goto CF
    Change Condition1 to Formula Is
    input a formula of =$A1>-$D1