Is it possible to get formulas to equal certain object values in E

  1. #1
    havocdragon
    Guest

    Is it possible to get formulas to equal certain object values in E

    So I have a combo box with 11 values in it, I would like a formula to use the
    value of the combo box, so lets say, if the value box was "cat" then the
    formula would act as if it were using cat in the formula...

    Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Is it possible to get formulas to equal certain object values in E

    Hi!

    You can link the combobox to a cell and then base the formula on that linked
    cell.

    The linked cell will display the NUMBER of the selection. For example,
    suppose your cb contains these items:

    dog
    pig
    cat
    frog

    If you select cat from the cb the linked cell will return 3 because cat is
    the third item in the list. If you select dog the linked cell will return 1.

    What do you want to do with your formula?

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...