Macros AND Buttons

  1. #1

    Macros AND Buttons

    If anyone has been through this same problem please help. I have
    created two macros and corresponding buttons on the toolbar, but when i
    send the file the toolbar buttons do not stay and i do not know why it
    would be great to get some help with this. Also is it possible to
    create those buttons for the macros and put them into cells?

    And if anyone has dealt with this problem before or knows how to
    correct it could you please walk me through the process as i am not
    very experienced with this. Thanks so much

  2. #2
    Redskinsfan
    Guest

    RE: Macros AND Buttons

    qasem6,

    I found this on the net. hope it helps.

    "Sharing macros with others

    When you distribute databases, worksheets, presentations, and documents
    containing macros to others, they can start running the attached macros
    immediately. You can also distribute individual modules containing macros,
    separate from Office documents and projects, to other Office users.
    To distribute individual modules separate from Office documents and projects

    1. Right-click the module containing your macro in the Project window.
    2. Click Export File and follow the directions to save the exported code to
    a stand-alone file.

    Note that the code in this file will not run on its own; it must be imported
    into an existing Office document or project, depending on the Office program.
    To import a code file

    1. On the File menu in the Visual Basic Editor, click Import File.
    2. Follow the directions to bring the file's code into your document or
    project."

  3. #3
    Redskinsfan

  4. #4
    JLatham
    Guest

    RE: Macros AND Buttons

    You can't create the buttons, as in toolbar buttons, and put them into cells
    on a sheet, but you have other options to do that kind of thing.

    You can use View | Toolbars | Forms to open up the forms toolbox and drag a
    'command button' from it onto the worksheet. You can then right-click it and
    assign one of your macros to it to be performed when someone clicks on it.

    You can get more fashionable by using the Text Box control from the Drawing
    toolbar (View | Toolbars | Drawing) and putting a text box on your worksheet
    and assigning a macro to it - again, use Right-click on it to bring up the
    list of options, which includes Assign Macro. You can also dress these up by
    coloring them.

    Make sure that your macros are included in "This Workbook" when you record
    them. At the other end, inform the user that the workbook contains macros
    and that their Macro security must be turned down to at least Medium for them
    to function. I recommend no lower than Medium, because setting Macro
    security to Low is the same as turning it off. With Medium, they'll get an
    alert and can choose the [Enable] button to allow your code to be executed.

    Be warned, some anti-virus applications will also guard against VBA code
    execution. My personal A-V of choice, Kaspersky, is one of those, so those
    settings have to be dealt with also.

  5. #5
    Joerg
    Guest

    Re: Macros AND Buttons

    <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > If anyone has been through this same problem please help. I have
    > created two macros and corresponding buttons on the toolbar, but when i
    > send the file the toolbar buttons do not stay and i do not know why it
    > would be great to get some help with this. Also is it possible to
    > create those buttons for the macros and put them into cells?
    >

    > And if anyone has dealt with this problem before or knows how to
    > correct it could you please walk me through the process as i am not
    > very experienced with this. Thanks so much

    Personal opinion: the concept of custom buttons for the toolbar is badly
    implemented. I had quite the opposite problem: Buttons are sent although
    they should not (because the corresponding macros are local on my machine) .
    I've given up on toolbar buttons.

    Of course you can place buttons on the sheet (however not the ones you
    created for the toolbar).

    1) Outdated and restricted in several ways, but most simple: The button of
    the "Forms" toolbar.
    2) More versatile, but requiring code for the OnClick event of this object:
    The button of the "Control Toolbox" toolbar.

    Cheers,

    Joerg