cell object exposure outside of VBA

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Thomas Homan
    Guest

    cell object exposure outside of VBA

    All,

    Is there a way to access give cell objects from within functions without
    invoking a macro of some sort?

    I'm wanting to do something along the lines of:

    if (a2=1000, cell(b,2).background=green, cell(b,2).background = yellow)

    I know this can easily be done inside of VBA but due to our organization's
    macro security level distributing a macro is a royal pain in the backside

    TIA

    Tom Homan

  2. #2
    kassie
    Guest

    RE: cell object exposure outside of VBA

    You use Conditional Formatting to achieve this. Iso Cell Value is, use
    Formula is

  3. #3
    Elkar
    Guest

    RE: cell object exposure outside of VBA

    This could be done with Conditional Formatting. Select cell B2, then from
    the Format Menu select "Conditional Formatting"

    Change "Cell Value Is" to "Formula Is"
    Enter the formula: =A2=1000
    Set your format (green background)
    Click OK

    You could add a second condition for the yellow background (=A2<>1000) or
    just set the default color of the cell to yellow.

    HTH,
    Elkar

  4. #4
    Thomas Homan
    Guest

    Re: cell object exposure outside of VBA

    Thanks to the both of you! I always forget about conditional formatting

    Tom
    news:[email protected]...