Text Import Wizard

  1. #1
    Dan
    Guest

    Text Import Wizard

    How can I limit the number of lines the Wizard imports? I.e. want to limit
    the import to the first 53 lines of a file that has 300 lines.

    Want to import the first "XX" set of lines in a Delimited format (since this
    is the header), then the other lines with the Fixed Width format.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Franz Verga
    Guest

    Re: Text Import Wizard

    Dan wrote:
    > How can I limit the number of lines the Wizard imports? I.e. want to
    > limit the import to the first 53 lines of a file that has 300 lines.
    >
    > Want to import the first "XX" set of lines in a Delimited format
    > (since this is the header), then the other lines with the Fixed Width
    > format.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi Dan,

    You can first import your .txt in Delimited format, then delete the rows
    from XX+1 and then import the file again from XX+1 in Fixed Width format.
    You can also record some macro to automatize the process, if you need...

    --
    Hope I helped you.

    Thanks in advance for your feedback.

    Ciao

    Franz Verga from Italy

  3. #3
    Dan
    Guest

    Re: Text Import Wizard

    Unfortnately the Import Wizard will not let you do this. If the file is
    opened the first time you can not open it a second time without loosing the
    information from the fist time.