rounding to multiples in excel ?

  1. #1
    HR gal
    Guest

    rounding to multiples in excel ?

    I am trying to round a number to a multiple of 25 in excel. I am having
    trouble using the mround function. Is there a way to do this without using
    MROUND? I am using Excel 2000.

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: rounding to multiples in excel ?

    Try this:

    For a value in A1

    This formula rounds up or down to the nearest multiple of 25. (5/4 rounding):
    B1: =ROUND(A1/25,0)*25

    Does that help?
    ***********
    Regards,
    Ron

    XL2002, WinXP

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: rounding to multiples in excel ?

    have you installed the Analysis Toolpak?

    TOOLS->Add-ins
    then check Analysis toolpak

  4. #4
    HR gal
    Guest

    RE: rounding to multiples in excel ?

    I installed it, but still got a #NAME? error.