no comma separator for ="total"&"$ "&sum(a1:a10)

  1. #1
    Jeff
    Guest

    no comma separator for ="total"&"$ "&sum(a1:a10)

    I'm trying to put a word "Total" before a summation of cells. This is
    working but I get a solid number back. I'd like to have the number show a
    comma separator.

    I get Total $187242

    I'd like to get

    Total $187,242

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: no comma separator for ="total"&"$ "&sum(a1:a10)

    ="Total "&TEXT(SUM(A1:A10),"$0,0")

    Dave

  3. #3
    Alan
    Guest

    Re: no comma separator for ="total"&"$ "&sum(a1:a10)

    I assume youre using something like ="Total $"&SUM(A1:A5) - This returns
    text, not a number, try Custom Formatting as
    "Total $"000,000
    This will return a number,
    Regards,
    Alan.
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    RagDyeR
    Guest

    Re: no comma separator for ="total"&"$ "&sum(a1:a10)

    Custom format the cell to:

    "Total " $#,##0

    --

    HTH,