Cell Displays Formula, not result

  1. #1
    Melanie
    Guest

    Cell Displays Formula, not result

    I have a worksheet linking to another worksheet. In 95% of the cells, the
    links are working fine. In one particular column, the links are showing as
    the formula (=celladress of other workbook), instead of the number that is in
    the other spreadsheet.

    I was having this problem previously and I formatted the entire column as
    text (the numbers I'm pulling over from the other spreadsheet are style
    numbers and do not have to be calculated in any way), and this fixed the
    problem.

    Now, I'm changing links, and as I change the cell addresses to the linked
    worksheet, it goes back to displaying the formula, rather than the result,
    even though the cell is still formatted as text.

    Any ideas on how to fix this?

    Also, when I copy the formula down into cells below the first one, the
    formula does not change by one cell adress for each line that I copy it down-
    it is as if there are $ in the line number, but there are not.

    Again, these problems are only occuring in one column and no other part of
    the spreadsheet is problematic.

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Cell Displays Formula, not result

    Hi Melanie, try to format the cell as general and include the formula again.

    hth
    regards from Brazil
    Marcelo

  3. #3
    Melanie
    Guest

    RE: Cell Displays Formula, not result

    Thanks, I tried it but it didn't work, but I did figure out a way around
    it....

    I copied the formula in the column to the right, and pasted it into the
    problematic cell. I was able to change the column reference and leave the
    row reference alone. For whatever reason, this prevented it from being
    changed back into a formula display.