How to add a suffix to a whole column of different part numbers?

  1. #1
    Gene's General
    Guest

    How to add a suffix to a whole column of different part numbers?

    I have a column of many part numbers and I need to add a suffix to them for
    picture files.

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How to add a suffix to a whole column of different part numbers?

    =A1 & ".jpg" entered in B1

    Or whatever file extension you want.

    Double-click on the fill handle of B1 to copy down.

    When happy with results, copy column B and Paste Special(in
    place)>Values>OK>Esc.

    Delete original column.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

  3. #3
    Forum Contributor
    I got this from Excel help file

    Select the cells you want to format.
    On the Format menu, click Cells, and then click the Number tab.
    In the Category list, click Custom.
    In the Type box, edit the number format codes to create the format you want.
    To display both text and numbers in a cell, enclose the text characters in double quotation marks (" ") or precede the numbers with a backslash (\). Editing a built-in format does not remove the format.

    Adding 0".jpg" in the Custom, Type box changes the number in cell from 1234 to 1234.jpg