GETPIVOTDATA() with relative reference

  1. #1
    Sune Fibaek
    Guest

    GETPIVOTDATA() with relative reference

    Hi,

    Is there a way of cheating GETPIVOTDATA() into using a cell reference as the
    data field argument? As in =GETPIVOTDATA(J8;$A$7;"Rep";$J$9:$L$9). I've tried
    with just about every function I can think to get the text from J8 used in
    the formula instead of having to write the text.

    Any hints?

    /Sune

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: GETPIVOTDATA() with relative reference

    "Sune Fibaek" wrote:
    > Is there a way of cheating GETPIVOTDATA() into using a cell reference as the
    > data field argument? As in =GETPIVOTDATA(J8;$A$7;"Rep";$J$9:$L$9). I've tried
    > with just about every function I can think to get the text from J8 used in
    > the formula instead of having to write the text.

    The T function seems to work ok when I tested it lightly,
    so we could try: =GETPIVOTDATA(T(J8);$A$7;"Rep";$J$9:$L$9).
    --
    Max
    Singapore

  3. #3
    Sune Fibaek

    "Max" wrote:

    > The T function seems to work ok when I tested it lightly,

    Obviously!! That's exactly what, I was looking for!

    Thank you.

    /Sune

  4. #4
    Sune Fibaek
    Guest

    Re: GETPIVOTDATA() with relative reference

    > The T function seems to work ok when I tested it lightly,

    Obviously! That was exactly what, I was looking for.

    Thank you.

    /Sune

  5. #5
    Max
    Guest

    Re: GETPIVOTDATA() with relative reference

    Glad to hear that !
    Thanks for the feedback ..