How do I get tab to move the cursor one cell over rather than 8?

  1. #1
    Mysti4God
    Guest

    How do I get tab to move the cursor one cell over rather than 8?

    When I used tab to advance to the next cell in a worksheet, my cursor was
    going from cell A1 to cell N1. When I looked in help, it told me to use
    "shift+tab". I did that. Now when I hit tab it goes from cell A1 to cell I1.
    To test my settings, I opened a brand new worksheet/workbook fresh. I put
    my curser in cell A1. Hit tab and it advances to L1. I'm confused. Help?

  2. #2
    The behavior you describe is the combination Alt-PageUp and Alt-PageDn keystrokes. The different columns are because the movement is to the right edge of the visible worksheet, not to a particular column. The TAB key is mimicing this because your tools, options, transition, has 'transition navigation keys' checked, which I _think_ is a lotus 123 legacy support.
    Uncheck this option and the tab will return to normal.

    Tom

  3. #3
    Mysti4God
    Guest

    Re: How do I get tab to move the cursor one cell over rather than

    Thank you so much! I did as you said and now tab works as normal. Bless you
    and thank you for taking the time to answer my inquiry. Your help was much
    appreciated.