Excel should let you select 2 rows, right click, and SWAP them

  1. #1
    DG_Crewdson
    Guest

    Excel should let you select 2 rows, right click, and SWAP them

    Often you need to swap two rows in Excel, for example to move one item higher
    in a list. You should be able to select one row, then CTRL-click a 2nd row,
    then right-click and press SWAP, and the rows will reverse positions.
    Instead you now have to insert 2 new rows and cut & paste twice into them.

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let you select 2 rows, right click, and SWAP them

    I am not Microsoft, however when I want to change the position of a row,
    I press the shift key and drag the row to where I want it.
    (you don't have to vote for me)
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA

    "DG_Crewdson"
    <[email protected]>

  3. #3
    DG_Crewdson
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let you select 2 rows, right click, and SWAP them

    The drag & drop is a time-saver over cut & paste, thanks! It's still a
    2-step process that would be cool to have done in a single step!

  4. #4
    Jim Cone
    Guest

    Re: Excel should let you select 2 rows, right click, and SWAP them

    I can post code that will allow you to do that if you are interested.
    I utilize the code in one of my personal add-ins.
    Select two rows/columns or two equal sized selections and run the code.
    All you would have to do is add a menu item or toolbar button and
    assign the macro to it.
    --
    Jim Cone
    San Francisco, USA