Overwriting prior formula

  1. #1
    Mark
    Guest

    Overwriting prior formula

    I'm trying to setup a code to import a .txt file into Excel. I have the
    import code programmed into a button on Sheet 1 that imports the file into
    Sheet 2 starting in cell A1, using four columns through D1.

    My problem is that when I try to update the .txt file and re-import it, it
    moves to E1 through H1, then I1 through L1, etc., and screws up my other
    formulas that rely on this information.

    How can I set this formula to overwrite the previous information and not
    move to the next available space?

    Here's a copy of the code:

    Sub importlist()
    Sheets("Sheet2").Select
    With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:="TEXT;P:\count\count.txt",
    _
    Destination:=Range("A1"))
    .Name = "count"
    .FieldNames = True
    .RowNumbers = False
    .FillAdjacentFormulas = False
    .PreserveFormatting = True
    .RefreshOnFileOpen = False
    .RefreshStyle = xlInsertDeleteCells
    .SavePassword = False
    .SaveData = True
    .AdjustColumnWidth = True
    .RefreshPeriod = 0
    .TextFilePromptOnRefresh = False
    .TextFilePlatform = 437
    .TextFileStartRow = 1
    .TextFileParseType = xlFixedWidth
    .TextFileTextQualifier = xlTextQualifierDoubleQuote
    .TextFileConsecutiveDelimiter = False
    .TextFileTabDelimiter = True
    .TextFileSemicolonDelimiter = False
    .TextFileCommaDelimiter = False
    .TextFileSpaceDelimiter = False
    .TextFileColumnDataTypes = Array(1, 1, 1, 1)
    .TextFileFixedColumnWidths = Array(7, 25, 2)
    .TextFileTrailingMinusNumbers = True
    .Refresh BackgroundQuery:=False
    End With
    End Sub

    TIA....
    Mark

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    RE: Overwriting prior formula

    Try erasing the old information first, right after you select Sheet2.......

    Range("A1:D1").ClearContents

    hth
    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

  3. #3
    Mark
    Guest

    Re: Overwriting prior formula

    TYVM!
    I knew it was something simple, but my simple mind couldn't think of it.

    Thanks, again!

    Mark

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: Overwriting prior formula

    You're quite welcome..........I've been automating a bunch of Queries lately
    and have become just as frustrated until I fell upon the
    answer.........thanks for the feedback.

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3