Excel : how do I sum costs if the they relates to the same period

  1. #1
    Bomby
    Guest

    Excel : how do I sum costs if the they relates to the same period

    I have spread sheet with a 3 columns
    1. column contains the projectnumber(1,2,3 etc)
    2. column contains the week
    3. column contains the cost made per week and per project(manually entrie)
    4 column should sum all the costs which are made in the different weeks.

    I dont want to have totals per project. If the costs made for several
    projects in one week, eg week 30 will appear 3 times (entry per
    projectnumber) , than I want to have a total of all costs made per week. (sum
    of the 3 entries )

  2. #2
    Marcelo
    Guest

    RE: Excel : how do I sum costs if the they relates to the same period

    hi

    try to use sumproduct as,

    =sumproduct(--(a2:a1000=project number)*(b2:b1000=Week);(c2:c1000))

    hth
    --
    regards from Brazil
    Thanks in advance for your feedback.