Can we have cells pop up with a formula & hide if not want

  1. #1
    Blondie
    Guest

    Can we have cells pop up with a formula & hide if not want

    We have formulas in ourt spreadsheet in excel for building quotes. We also
    have cells with Y or N that relate to formulas for y to have a beam and n to
    not have the beam (as an example) and we want some way if possibe to have
    only the cells that relate to the y to pop up and the other to not calculate
    into our quote. Can this be done?

  2. #2
    paul
    Guest

    RE: Can we have cells pop up with a formula & hide if not want

    Click Y for beams and all the beam cells turn green or something?
    Conditional formatting could do this.Select all the "beam" cells holding
    ctrl down so all bea cells are highlighted.Go to Format>Conditional
    Formatting,click formula is where it shows cell value is and in the formula
    bar type =$A$1="Y",then choose your format.
    Alternatively you could select all the non beam cells enter the same formula
    but choose the white font to make all the other cells invisible.
    --
    paul
    [email protected]