CREATE A LOGICAL TEST CONTAINING TEXT

  1. #1
    help needed
    Guest

    CREATE A LOGICAL TEST CONTAINING TEXT

    I have a column containing text (a and b) info.
    I want to do a logical test (if function) and get different results for a
    and b.
    any help appreciated

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    RE: CREATE A LOGICAL TEST CONTAINING TEXT

    try
    =if(cell="a",a response,if(cell="b", b response, non a or b response))
    and copy down.
    (assuming you want to do this for each row)

  3. #3
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: CREATE A LOGICAL TEST CONTAINING TEXT

    =IF(A1=[A text],A logical response,if(A1=[B text],B logical response,[logical
    response for neither A nor B))

    Without more information about what your cells contain it's hard to give a
    more concrete explanation.