Finding day of week in 2030

  1. #1
    Lisa Clamors
    Guest

    Finding day of week in 2030

    I have an Excel speadsheet which calculates the day of the week for Easter
    from 2007 - 2050. Through 2029 Easter is always on a Sunday. For example,
    in 2029 Easter Sunday is April 1. In 2030 April 1 should be a Monday since
    it is a Sunday in 2029 and 2030 is not a leap year. Therefore, April 22 will
    also be a Monday. However, Easter Sunday April 21, 2030, is calculated as a
    Monday, not Sunday.

    All of the Easter dates through 2050 calculate as Mondays.

    I checked another Calendar program, and April 21, 2030, was shown to be a
    Sunday.

    I am using Office 2002, I feel this error should be corrected. Does anyone
    know if it has been? If so, where would I find the update?

    ----------------
    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    Dave F
    Guest

    RE: Finding day of week in 2030

    What formulas are you using to calculate these dates?
    --
    Brevity is the soul of wit.

  3. #3
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Finding day of week in 2030

    I suspect that you are not using the full century in your formulae.
    Excel is set up (though you can change this) to convert years without a
    century to 19xx if xx is 30 or more, and to 20xx if xx is less than 30.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete

  4. #4
    Pete_UK
    Guest

    Re: Finding day of week in 2030

    Sorry, I didn't tell you how to change it - you can specify the cutoff
    year (default is 29/30) from the Regional Setting control in the
    Windows Control Panel. This would then apply to all Office programs.

    Hope this helps.

    Pete