line appears when deleting chart- cannot delete it

  1. #1
    Brian
    Guest

    line appears when deleting chart- cannot delete it

    I have deleted a number of entire rows that contained a chart. The chart has
    been deleted but a line still appears that I cannot get rid of. If I delete a
    chart by clicking on the chart and deleting it this line does not appear. Is
    there a way to get ride of the line now?

  2. #2
    S S
    Guest

    Re: line appears when deleting chart- cannot delete it

    Not quite sure what you mean, but with my limited knowledge of excel could
    it be that you have put a border around the chart and the edges of the
    border are still in the undeleted rows. Try Format/cells/Border.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: line appears when deleting chart- cannot delete it

    When you deleted all the rows behind them, the charts aren't deleted,
    but shrink to a line in height. If there are not other objects on the
    sheet that you want to keep, you can delete all the objects:

    Choose Edit>Go to, and click Special
    Select Objects, and click OK
    Press the Delete key, to delete the selected objects

    To work with specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects'
    tool to one of your toolbars:

    Choose Tools>Customize
    Select the Commands tab
    Select the Drawing Category
    Drag the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool onto one of your toolbars
    Click Close

    Then, click the Select Multiple Objects button, and select any or all
    objects on the worksheet.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Contextures