excel lookup matching and value display

  1. #1

    excel lookup matching and value display

    You can see on the file samplewrapwrep4.zip

    Worksheet B of B62, I then typed 15254", it col name "yarn count"
    and the product code you can see is Q921 at cell A62 is same row 62.

    Worksheet A, you can see F2 is Q921, col name is "product code".

    Now if i input a value on cell B62 ='15254' and I want it shows on worksheet
    A - G2 but remember it must match the product code of
    worksheetB - cell A62 'Q921' and worksheet A cell F2 'Q921'
    because next time user will plugin a number ie.1111 on B164; where
    product code of worksheet B - cell A164
    must be match to worksheet A - cell F3, but it should show the value
    1111 on cell G3.

    To match Which mean user input the yarn count on that row
    WorksheetB- A62 is product code and input B62 yarn count,
    so it lookup the worksheet A -F2,
    it found match the product code of worksheet B - A62.
    Then the input of the yearn count from worksheet B62 will
    automatically display also at G2 of worksheet A as well.
    And then you will fully understand and please hints forumla.
    thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: excel lookup matching and value display

    One way via VLOOKUP ..

    In sheet: A,

    Put in G2:
    =IF(F2="","",IF(VLOOKUP(F2,B!A:B,2,0)=0,"",VLOOKUP(F2,B!A:B,2,0)))
    Copy down as far as required

    The error traps are set to check sequentially col F for any lookup product
    codes first, followed by a "blank" return if there's no input in B's col B
    (empty cells) for the lookup product code, then only the actual VLOOKUP
    --
    Max
    Singapore