Change text based on other cell criteria?

  1. #1
    ansoriano1
    Guest

    Change text based on other cell criteria?

    If d1 - c1 > 30 then I want to change the value of F1 -
    how do I do this?

  2. #2
    Ken Hudson
    Guest

    RE: Change text based on other cell criteria?

    Hi,
    Not sure where you are going with this question, but...

    Assume that D1=50 and C1=10.
    In F1 enter: IF(D1-C1>30,"Change","")
    The result will be the word "Change" in F1.
    If D1-C1 is not > 30, then F1 will remain blank.
    --
    Ken Hudson

  3. #3
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Change text based on other cell criteria?

    You cannot "push" a value to another cell using a formula.

    Formulas can only "pull" to the cell in which they are written.

    In F1 enter a formula.

    =IF(D1-C1>30,"greater than 30","no change")

    You could use VBA code to change the value in F1 based on the results of your
    D1-C1 value.

    Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP