+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Dates and time differences with blank cells and monthly totals....

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-18-2013
    Location
    Raleigh
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Posts
    14

    Dates and time differences with blank cells and monthly totals....

    I am posting this under a new thread because I desperately need to find a solution. Nothing suggested has worked yet for all rows and columns. Please see the attached workbook with two different sheets (same data) using different formulas. Each has problems (red text) preventing me from moving forward.

    I need to calculate time in level 1, time in level 2 and total time for each row and then be able to sum for the month. Unfortunately, sometimes there is missing data, but I still need to calculate everything possible using a consistent formula that can be applied to the column/row universally.

    I am open to any feedback. Many, many thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Forum Expert daffodil11's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-11-2013
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2016
    Posts
    4,465

    Re: Dates and time differences with blank cells and monthly totals....

    Here you go. I changed some of the formulas around.

    Looks good to me.

    raleigh is freezing.xlsx
    Make Mom proud: Add to my reputation if I helped out!

    Make the Moderators happy: Mark the Thread as Solved if your question was answered!

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    03-18-2013
    Location
    Raleigh
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007
    Posts
    14

    Re: Dates and time differences with blank cells and monthly totals....

    Thank you so very much. This works.
    Just curious, where did you learn these formulas? I'm learning everything as I go and would love a resource (other than these fabulous forums!).

  4. #4
    Forum Expert daffodil11's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-11-2013
    Location
    Phoenixville, PA
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2016
    Posts
    4,465

    Re: Dates and time differences with blank cells and monthly totals....

    I learned most of my definitions at TechOnTheNet.com, but took them to the next level through these forums.

    Tech has parameter definitions, images, and sample input and outputs so it's good for beginners.

    When you're ready to really start learning, find an easy question on these forums and try to help someone else out. When you know 75% of the answer, teaching yourself the other 25% is a good exercise to build upon what you already know. I do it over and over here, a couple hours a week. And then sometimes a seasoned professional steps in and takes a relatively simple formula, turns it on its side, and blows your mind.

    And when you see an MVP, google them; most of them have a website. Jerry Beaucaire, Andy Pope, Chandoo; the list goes on and on.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-29-2013, 06:27 PM
  2. Time differences without dates?
    By beansbeansbeans in forum Excel Formulas & Functions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2011, 02:08 PM
  3. Grouping Dates into Monthly Totals - Pivot Table.
    By samprince in forum Excel General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2006, 09:32 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 05:22 AM
  5. [SOLVED] calculating time/dates differences
    By fvglassman in forum Excel General
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 07:05 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1