HOW DO I DELETE THE EXCEL RESEARCH POP-UP BOX?

  1. #1
    JON
    Guest

    HOW DO I DELETE THE EXCEL RESEARCH POP-UP BOX?

    Want to permanently get rid of that annoying pop-up 'research' box that
    appears everytime I try to copy/paste using Excel in Windows XP Professional.
    Please help.

  2. #2
    grafox
    Guest

    RE: HOW DO I DELETE THE EXCEL RESEARCH POP-UP BOX?

  3. #3
    grafox
    Guest

    RE: HOW DO I DELETE THE EXCEL RESEARCH POP-UP BOX?

    Jon,

    I too suffered with this. Click the down arrows at the end of the standard
    toolbar, select add or delete buttons, select standard toolbar click on the
    highlighted "research" icon to deactivate it.. Blessed releaf!

  4. #4
    JON

  5. #5
    dbutler69
    Guest

    RE: HOW DO I DELETE THE EXCEL RESEARCH POP-UP BOX?

    I tried this. I only gets of the research bar temporarily. As soon as I use
    Ctl+Alt to select nonadjacent cells, the stupid thing pops back up! Any idea
    on how to PERMANENTLY get rid of the Research popups?
    Thanks!

  6. #6
    florida
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: HOW DO I DELETE THE EXCEL RESEARCH POP-UP BOX?

    for excel 2010:

    on the ribbon, select the review tab
    on the left of the review ribbon, you should see the "spelling" button and, just to the right, the "research" button.
    IF research is pressed-in, click on it to raise it.

    Research pane should disappear.