Check box contols move!

  1. #1
    William M. Bickley
    Guest

    Check box contols move!

    I have a spreadsheet with numerous check boxes. Everything looks great when
    I do a "print preview", but after I close the preview and return to the
    spreadsheet, a bunch of the check boxes have moved! Have I got a property
    improperly set, or is it something more sinister? I've looked all over, and
    can't find an explanation of what the various property settings mean...

    Bill

  2. #2
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Check box contols move!

    Hi Bill,

    See:
    Controls move to the left of the worksheetin Microsoft Excel
    2002http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;838910
    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Check box contols move!

    Hi Bill,

    The link should (wrap willing!) be:

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    William M. Bickley
    Guest

    Re: Check box contols move!

    Hi, Norman:

    That's got to be a record for fastest response, and you were right on the
    money!

    Thanks so much.

    Bill

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Check box contols move!

    Norman,

    You can usually (always?) reduce it to the form and avoid wrap problems

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838910/

    RP

  6. #6
    Norman Jones
    Guest

    Re: Check box contols move!

    Hi Bob,

    Thank you.

    I usually use tinyURL to avoid any wrap problems. This, however, has the
    side effect of making one lazy,

    Someone who always drives tends to forget what his feet are for!

    ---
    Regards,
    Norman

  7. #7
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Check box contols move!

    Hi Norman,

    I use tinyURL for Goggle references, but somehow when referring to a KB
    article, it seems proper to maintain the domain.

    Bob

  8. #8
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: Check box contols move!

    Hey Guys, i have many technical drawings with textboxes as a changing variable for numbers. The tekst boxes (ActiveX elements) are on top of an autocad picture. Only problem is with the new update, after i print all the textboxes scramble or jump everywhere. How can i make them stay in one place. Or the best would be that they move with the picture or are one with the picture but still change according to what cells they are linked too. a small example to get an idea(http://wikisend.com/download/164498/Doc1.docx)

  9. #9
    Forum Expert Pepe Le Mokko's Avatar
    Belgium
    MS-Off Ver
    O365 v 2402
    Posts
    13,445

    Re: Check box contols move!

    Unfortunately your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Do not post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread.

    If you feel an existing thread is particularly relevant to your need, provide a link to the other thread in your new thread.

    Old threads are often only monitored by the original participants. New threads not only open you up to all possible participants again, they typically get faster response, too.