MMULT(A1:B2;TRANSPOSE(A3:B3))

  1. #1

    MMULT(A1:B2;TRANSPOSE(A3:B3))

    Hello

    I try to multiply a matrix with a vector. The matrix is in A1:B2, the
    vector is in A3:B3. Thus I need to tranpose the vector first. I tried:
    =MMULT(A1:B2;TRANSPOSE(A3:B3))
    However this results in "#VALUE!". What is wrong? Since the actual
    problem is more complex, I cant store the vector in another way into
    cells, so that it would be already in the correct form.

    Greetings

    Flo

  2. #2

    Re: MMULT(A1:B2;TRANSPOSE(A3:B3))

    Did you hit ctrl-shift-enter and did you have a range of 2 rows by 1 column
    selected when you array entered the formula.

    Excel's help explains it more thoroughly.

  3. #3
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: MMULT(A1:B2;TRANSPOSE(A3:B3))

    For a simple n by n multiplication why not use =SUMPRODUCT(A1:B1,A3:B3)
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: MMULT(A1:B2;TRANSPOSE(A3:B3))

    OOPS - I read A1:B1 times A3:B3
    Sorry!
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Norway
    MS-Off Ver

    Switch to Hybrid Mode

    were having problems imaging our crio we have the older one from last year. when i tell it to format, i get an error saying that the cRio is in SAFE MODE and that i should toggle it to the off position. however, the SAFE MODE switch is most definitely already in the off position. anybody else having this problem? any ideas on how to correct this?

  6. #6
    cagayan
    MS-Off Ver

    Smile Re: MMULT(A1:B2;TRANSPOSE(A3:B3))

    email: removed by Admin

    GOOD DAY..

    I DOWNLOADED AN EXCEL FILE FROM THE INTERNET. IT WAS USING LINEAR DISCRIMINANT ANALYSIS AS A METHOD. THERE WAS A FUNCTION THAT CONFUSED ME. I TRIED ENCODING THE SAME FUNCTION BUT IT WON'T WORK THE SAME..
    {=MMULT(TRANSPOSE(Mean_CorrectedData_Group1),Mean_CorrectedData_Group1)/COUNT($E$5:$E$8)}
    IT ALWAYS SAYS "#VALUE!"..

    THANKS IN ADVANCE

    rahima--
    Last edited by FDibbins; 02-16-2017 at 02:17 AM.

  7. #7
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,945

    Re: MMULT(A1:B2;TRANSPOSE(A3:B3))

    rahimamacalantong welcome to the forum

    Unfortunately your post does not comply with Rule 2 of our Forum RULES. Do not post a question in the thread of another member -- start your own thread.

    If you feel an existing thread is particularly relevant to your need, provide a link to the other thread in your new thread.

    Old threads are often only monitored by the original participants. New threads not only open you up to all possible participants again, they typically get faster response, too.

    Also, it is never a good idea to include personal info (email) in a public forum so I have removed it for you
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford