Move Cursor to A1

  1. #1
    Silver
    Guest

    Move Cursor to A1

    I wish to use shortcut keys to move cursor to A1, especially when setting
    print area.
    When I use "ALT+Home" the cursor moves to the first cell of the row. How do
    I opt for the cursor to go to A1?

  2. #2
    garfield-n-odie
    Guest

    Re: Move Cursor to A1

    Ctrl+Home

  3. #3
    akk
    Guest

    Move Cursor to A1

    Ctrl+Home would take you to cell A1 except when you have
    the freeze panes on in which case it would take you to the
    first row first column cell after the freeze pane.

  4. #4
    Don Guillett
    Guest

    Re: Move Cursor to A1

    assign a shortcut to this

    Sub gotoa1()
    Application.Goto Range("a1")

    Don Guillett
    SalesAid Software
    [email protected]
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    Pro Plus 2013

    Re: Move Cursor to A1

    It's so cool during a brain freeze to come here and find a 10 yr old solution that still works.

  6. #6
    Houston, TX
    MS-Off Ver
    Windows 7 Professional

    Re: Move Cursor to A1

    Ctrl+Home will take you to A1, but if you have frozen panes you could use Ctrl+G which will open the Go To box and then type A1 in the Reference field and hit Enter.
    Last edited by miltonp; 05-07-2015 at 10:43 AM.

  7. #7
    Malaysia
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2003

    Re: Move Cursor to A1

    Can also try to use ctrl + home...brings you to A1

  8. #8
    Oxford, England
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2010

    Re: Move Cursor to A1

    technically that just moves you to the top of the main unfrozen panes. If you have frozen, say, the first 5 columns and top 2 rows, then it'll take you to F3

    Columns A:E are "frozen", as are rows 1:2, so the first unfrozen cell is thus F3 rather than A1.

    This might be a schmidge pedantic, but I thought it was worth pointing out.