What's the keyboard shortcut for zoom?

  1. #1
    mjmcclurg
    Guest

    What's the keyboard shortcut for zoom?

    I can't find the keyboard shortcut to zoom in or out on a worksheet. Please
    help!

  2. #2

    Re: What's the keyboard shortcut for zoom?

    alt-v,z
    may open a dialog for you.
    Type the number that's underlined to choose that option.
    (0 for 200%, 1 for 100%, ...)

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: What's the keyboard shortcut for zoom?

    And in case you're not aware of it - holding Ctrl down as you spin the mouse
    wheel is a very convenience way to zoom.

    --
    Jim
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: What's the keyboard shortcut for zoom?

    And just to add to Jim's response.

    There's an option in excel:
    tools|Options|general tab|zoom on roll with intellimouse

    If you turn this on, you don't even have to use the control key.

  5. #5
    Corvallis, OR
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: What's the keyboard shortcut for zoom?

    I realize this is a decade old thread, but the following key sequence is fairly convenient when mouse zooming is not an option (broken scroll wheel, finicky laptop touchpad, etc). In Excel 2013:

    You can use F6 to toggle between a few menus, but the zoom bar in the bottom right is the first one to be highlighted. Now use the arrow keys to move between the - and + on the zoom bar, and then press enter or space to "click" these. Press ESC to exit.

    You could also use F6 to select the ###% and bring up the Zoom Magnification menu, just like the Alt-> W -> Q shortcut (previously alt-> v-> z in 2005 apparently), if you really wanted to. The previous F6 method uses a finer step size in zooming, though, so it's recommended.

    This F6 shortcut remembers your last selection, too, so after you've used it once and are on the - or + in the bottom right corner, it's not too bad. Somewhat cumbersome but better than nothing. I'm not sure if this shortcut applies to older versions of Excel.

    https://support.office.com/en-us/art...9-9b7213f0040f

  6. #6
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 7/10/13/16/365 (PC ver 2310)
    Posts
    52,955

    Re: What's the keyboard shortcut for zoom?

    Thanks for sharing that with us
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford