How do I create an alert of expiration date in Excel?

  1. #1
    kachnycz
    Guest

    How do I create an alert of expiration date in Excel?

    I created a spreadsheet to track documents. The last column is for
    expiration dates of documents. How can I set up an alert when the expiration
    date is approaching?

  2. #2
    Martin P
    Guest

    RE: How do I create an alert of expiration date in Excel?

    Use conditional formatting in the cell. For example, with the date in A12,
    something like
    Formula is =TODAY()+7>=$A$12
    as the condition.
    Then choose a pattern.

  3. #3
    CA
    MS-Off Ver

    Re: How do I create an alert of expiration date in Excel?

    Hi,

    Thanks for the suggestion. Looks like I have to do the conditional formatting for each cell - is there a way to do the formatting for an entire column? I have a lot of cells with dates that I need to track. Also, every time I open the spreadsheet, will the dates close to expiration (based on my formula) be highlighted?

    Thanks again!