+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Simulation in Excel using YASAI

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-30-2017
    Location
    Norway
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 365
    Posts
    6

    Question Simulation in Excel using YASAI

    I have a problem using YASAI to simulate a problem.
    A hardware company sells a lot of low-cost, high-volume products. For one such product, it is equally likely that annual unit sales will be low or high. If sales are low (60,000), the company can sell the product for $10 per unit. If sales are high (100,000), a competitor will enter and the company will be able to sell the product for only $8 per unit. The variable cost per unit has a 25% chance of being $6, a 50% chance of being $7.50, and a 25% of being $9. Annual fixed costs are $30,000.
    1. Use simulation to estimate the company's expected annual profit
    So, my main problem is that I am supposed to use YASAI, but I can manage this easily in @risk. Can anyone help me by explaining how to set up the formulas in excel?
    Or is it possible using excel functions?

    Attached is the set-up I got so far and the @RISK model.

    -Andreas
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mooselogger; 11-02-2017 at 07:48 AM. Reason: Found a solution to this problem

  2. #2
    Administrator FDibbins's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-29-2011
    Location
    Duncansville, PA USA
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2000/3/7/10/13/16
    Posts
    50,901

    Re: Simulation in Excel using YASAI

    Maybe this will help?
    http://www.yasai.rutgers.edu/yasai-guide-26.html
    1. Use code tags for VBA. [code] Your Code [/code] (or use the # button)
    2. If your question is resolved, mark it SOLVED using the thread tools
    3. Click on the star if you think someone helped you

    Regards
    Ford

  3. #3
    Forum Guru shg's Avatar
    Join Date
    06-20-2007
    Location
    The Great State of Texas
    MS-Off Ver
    2003, 2010
    Posts
    40,658

    Re: Simulation in Excel using YASAI

    Preetty straightforward with just vanilla Excel:

    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    1
    Fixed
    2
    30,000
    3
    4
    Sales
    Price
    Cost
    $ 6.00
    $ 7.50
    $ 9.00
    5
    60,000
    $ 10.00
    $210,000
    $120,000
    $30,000
    D5: =$A5 * ($B5 - D$4) - $A$2
    6
    100,000
    $ 8.00
    $170,000
    $20,000
    ($130,000)
    7
    8
    Prob
    Prob
    25%
    50%
    25%
    9
    50%
    12.5%
    25.0%
    12.5%
    D9: =$B9 * D$8
    10
    50%
    12.5%
    25.0%
    12.5%
    11
    12
    Expectation
    $70,000
    D12: =SUMPRODUCT(D5:F6, D9:F10)
    Entia non sunt multiplicanda sine necessitate

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-30-2017
    Location
    Norway
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 365
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by FDibbins View Post
    I've been trying that, but when I use the only logical formula (genTable), my solution won't be a fixed number.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-30-2017
    Location
    Norway
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 365
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by shg View Post
    Preetty straightforward with just vanilla Excel:

    A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    1
    Fixed
    2
    30,000
    3
    4
    Sales
    Price
    Cost
    $ 6.00
    $ 7.50
    $ 9.00
    5
    60,000
    $ 10.00
    $210,000
    $120,000
    $30,000
    D5: =$A5 * ($B5 - D$4) - $A$2
    6
    100,000
    $ 8.00
    $170,000
    $20,000
    ($130,000)
    7
    8
    Prob
    Prob
    25%
    50%
    25%
    9
    50%
    12.5%
    25.0%
    12.5%
    D9: =$B9 * D$8
    10
    50%
    12.5%
    25.0%
    12.5%
    11
    12
    Expectation
    $70,000
    D12: =SUMPRODUCT(D5:F6, D9:F10)
    Thanks! I'll see what I can do with this

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    10-30-2017
    Location
    Norway
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 365
    Posts
    6

    Re: Simulation in Excel using YASAI

    Okay, so I figured out how to do it in Excel using YASAI.
    Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Simulation excel homework.
    By student_1234 in forum Excel General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-16-2017, 11:27 PM
  2. Simulation in Excel
    By Mihelherbiii in forum Excel Formulas & Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2016, 06:16 AM
  3. Excel simulation results..
    By Isaac1043 in forum Excel Formulas & Functions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 09:08 AM
  4. Help on how to do inventory simulation on excel
    By da9283 in forum Excel General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-27-2011, 12:39 PM
  5. simulation using excel
    By whattodo in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 10:55 AM
  6. Running a Simulation on Excel
    By FalconPunch in forum Excel Programming / VBA / Macros
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2010, 01:41 AM
  7. Blackjack simulation in Excel
    By G Love in forum Excel General
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-09-2005, 08:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 1