Can you use a hanging indent in an Excel cell?

  1. #1
    DBTI
    Guest

    Can you use a hanging indent in an Excel cell?

    I am trying to create a list in Excel but some descriptions are lengthly. It
    would be easier to distinguish between each item if, as a description wraps
    in the cell, a hangin indent was in place.

  2. #2
    Kassie
    Guest

    RE: Can you use a hanging indent in an Excel cell?

    Hi DBTI

    Hanging indents no, indents yes

    To create a hanging indent look alike, type five spaces before your text.

  3. #3
    Ohio
    MS-Off Ver
    Excel 2007

    Re: Can you use a hanging indent in an Excel cell?

    Are hanging indents still not an option in Excel?

  4. #4
    Reynoldsburg, Ohio
    MS-Off Ver
    MS Office 2016

    Re: Can you use a hanging indent in an Excel cell?

    Hanging Indent IN Excel is not an option. However…

    If you are copying a spreadsheet to an MS Word document, the hanging indent option will be available there for the pasted spreadsheet table.
    Takes a bit of finagling to align all the cells, but it becomes easier with practice.

    I do hope that helps a bit.

    Cheers to all readers here.