How do I make the row numbering start after the headingd

  1. #1
    Puzzled
    Guest

    How do I make the row numbering start after the headingd

    For example: I would like my list of names to start with row number 1, after
    I have entered the headings for names, addresses, etc.

  2. #2
    Forum Expert
    England
    MS-Off Ver
    1,500
    You can create a column with 1,2,3 etc in in in the second, third, forth etc row of the spreadsheet. You can even choose options and hide row and column headings, but you can not change the numbering of each row.

    Regards

    Dav

  3. #3
    Guest

    Re: How do I make the row numbering start after the headingd

    Hi

    Row 1 is Row 1 - that's it! You can't alter where the numbering starts. You
    could have your own column of numbers and hide the row/column headers if you
    prefer.

    Andy.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    California
    MS-Off Ver
    Numbers

    Re: How do I make the row numbering start after the headingd

    And this is proof that we are actually living a lite version of Hell. I am beyond astonished that there is NO way to make a title header that has no numbers! lmao.

    We should at LEAST be able to add a short description after A,B,C,D, etc.

    For example - If I were trying to calculate Billboard chart positions where the #1 was the most important number... then why couldn't I do this;

    A. Artist B. Album Title C. Record Label D. Number of weeks

    This has to be a thing. Otherwise, I am in purgatory. which would also explain why phone chargers all have different plug ends and they keep changing them.