Conditional formatting not available in Excel

  1. #1
    BAB
    Guest

    Conditional formatting not available in Excel

    Office 2003 Pro "Help" states the following to Add Conditional formatting to
    Excel Cell;

    "Select the cells for which you want to add conditional formatting. In the
    example, we selected the data in the units_shipped column.
    On the Format menu, click Conditional Formatting.
    In the Conditional Formatting dialog box, do one of the following:
    To use values in the selected cells as the formatting criteria, click Cell
    Value Is, select the comparison phrase, and then type a constant (constant: A
    value that is not calculated. For example, the number 210 and the text
    "Quarterly Earnings" are constants. An expression, or a value resulting from
    an expression, is not a constant.) value or a formula. "

    OK sounds good, but my "Format Menu" dos NOT show "Conditional Formatting"
    as an option?

    Why? What needs to be done to get Conditional Formatting?

  2. #2
    This may be overly simplistic, but do you need to expand the Format menu? Is there an arrow at the button of the pop-up menu when you click on Format, indicating there are addition options? If so, click the arrow and see if Conditional Formating appears.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting not available in Excel

    Are you sure you don't have an arrow at the foot of the menu that opens up
    into more menu items?

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    BAB
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting not available in Excel

    Bob,

    Ya know, I think I'll just go back to bed. I was right clicking on the cell
    and going to "Format Cell". The correct location is to go to the Menu Bar
    and select "Format" then the "Conditional Formatting" option is available.

    Thanks