How can I shade columns but keep grid?

  1. #1
    callmekilo
    Guest

    How can I shade columns but keep grid?

    Everytime I use the fill function it darkens out the grid lines. I'd
    like a nice light gray or off white for a few columns as contrast but
    keep the grid in black. Help, please.

  2. #2
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: How can I shade columns but keep grid?

    You'll have to *make* the grid lines on pattern filled cells using the:
    <Format> <Cells> <Borders> tab.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Earl Kiosterud
    Guest

    Re: How can I shade columns but keep grid?

    Fill colors just paint right over the gridlines, don't they? I think about
    all you can do is put borders in the cells. Use either the Border tool on
    the Formatting Toolbar (you get black borders only), or use Format - Cells -
    Borders. You can select several line styles, thicknesses, and colors there
    for borders.

    --
    Earl Kiosterud