Better Fill Colors?

  1. #1
    callmekilo
    Guest

    Better Fill Colors?

    Is there a pallette or something I can make or get better colors from
    than the ones that pop up automatically under fill. The lightest gray
    is pretty gray. No off-white, etc.

  2. #2

    Re: Better Fill Colors?

    You can choose from 56 colors in excel.

    But you can change those 56 colors via
    tools|options|colors|modify

    But the color pallete you use is associated with that workbook.

    So you could create a workbook that has the colors you want. Then save
    this workbook as a template for all new workbooks.

    If that's what you want to do:
    Start a new workbook.
    change the color
    (and modify it to your heart's content)

    Also, modify anything else you want as a standard--header/footers, page
    orientation, number of worksheets in that workbook???

    Now save it as a template in your XLStart folder as book.xlt

    Then when you click on that New icon, the new workbook will inherit all those
    settings.

    =====

    David McRitchie has some notes on how excel uses colors at:
    http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

    You may want to look at
    format|cells|patterns
    and choosing a pattern, too.