Barcodes

  1. #1

    Barcodes

    I am looking for a way to convert data in a cell into a bar code! Any
    ideas?

  2. #2
    World.Ref
    Guest

    RE: Barcodes

    Download a "Trutype" bar code font. Many are available some for free. Then
    just display the font.

  3. #3
    Guest

    Barcodes

    Barcodes are just another type of font. excel comes with
    one barcode fond call 3 of 9 barcode. Just change the font
    of the cell you want to display barcodes to font 3 of 9
    barcode. all bar code readers i have delt with can read 3
    of 9 barcode.

  4. #4

    Re: Barcodes

    Does that come standard with excel or do i need to download this as an
    add-on?

    Thanks

  5. #5
    I looked in my Format/Cells/Font tab and I don't find it. Where is "3 of 9"
    Paul

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    It's not in Excel 2003 list of fonts, but a quick google throws up many free downloads for it, try http://www.squaregear.net/fonts/free3of9.shtml

    TGHCOGO

  7. #7
    Myrna Larson
    Guest

    Re: Barcodes

    If you go Format>Cells>Font, and you don't see a BarCode font, then you need
    to install one, i.e. find it on the 'Net, possibly pay for it, download and
    intall it.