errot in macro

  1. #1
    Sanford Lefkowitz
    Guest

    errot in macro

    I am trying to run a macro that opens up several other spreadsheets and
    copies and pastes selected data into the spreadsheet where the macro resides.
    Sometimes this works. Sometimes I get the message 'Microsoft excel has
    encountered an error and has to shut down' and it then shuts down Excel.
    Whenever I step through the macro, I never get the error.

    What is going on here?

    TIA
    Sanford

  2. #2
    Jimbola
    Guest

    RE: errot in macro

    The only time that this has happened to me when doing simple copy/paste
    operations using a macro is if I copy and then paste special as values.
    Other than that without lots more detail its hard to tell whats going wrong.