Excel: Is there a way to calculate the date as week of month?

  1. #1
    debra adams
    Guest

    Excel: Is there a way to calculate the date as week of month?

    I have need to show dates as follows: 1/1/05 = 1st Saturday of January...any
    ideas out there?

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: Excel: Is there a way to calculate the date as week of month?

    You can't format the dates as 2nd Sunday of January 2005 but there are ways
    of using formulas to get nth day etc

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#NthDoW

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom

  3. #3
    Jason Morin
    Guest

    Re: Excel: Is there a way to calculate the date as week of month?

    As Peo mentioned, I doubt you can format the dates as
    such. You can, however, convert it to a text string in
    another cell. Assuming your dates are in column A,
    starting in A1:

    1. Press Ctrl+F3 and create the name "dow" (no quotes).
    In the "Refers To:" box put:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(YEAR($A1),MONTH
    ($A1),1)&":"&$A1)))=WEEKDAY($A1)))

    Watch the wrap.

    2. Now in row 1 of your worksheet put:

    =dow&CHOOSE(dow,"st","nd","rd","th","th")&" "&TEXT
    (A1,"dddd")&" of "&TEXT(A1,"mmmm")

    HTH
    Jason
    Atlanta, GA