[SOLVED] parsing cell data

  1. #1
    James
    Guest

    [SOLVED] parsing cell data

    Here is my question: I have two cells, side by side on the same row.
    One has an amount in it, the other has a list of names, comma
    delimited. I need to transpose the names so that there is one row per
    name, with the amount next to it (same amount for each row). How can I
    start this going? Thanks much.

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    RE: parsing cell data

    Use data>text to columns, delimited and comma as delimiter, make sure you
    have as many empty column to the right as there are names, then click finish.
    Now copy
    all the cells with the parsed names, select the first cell where you want
    them to start and do edit>paste special and select transpose, then just copy
    the amount to each corresponding cell

    Regards,

    Peo Sjoblom