How do I link many cells to one particular cell?

  1. #1
    justinfishman22
    Guest

    How do I link many cells to one particular cell?

    I am trying to link multiple cells to one particular cell and can't seem to
    do it. I want the multiple cells not just to have the same information but
    be connected to the same cell. I want multiple cells to take the information
    from ex. cell D4. So everytime i change cell D4 every cell that is linked to
    it changes. Do I have to input =D4 into every single cell that I want to
    link or is there an easy way to mass link?

  2. #2
    dlw
    Guest

    RE: How do I link many cells to one particular cell?

    enter =$D$4 in one cell and copy it to the rest. The $ keeps the address
    from changing relatively.

  3. #3

    Re: How do I link many cells to one particular cell?

    Are the cells on the same worksheet?

    If yes, you could select all the cells that should get that formula and type
    this:

    =$d$4
    but hit control enter to populate all the cells in the selection.
    (the $'s keep excel from adjusting the address for each cell)

    If D4 can be empty, you may want a formula like:

    (If d4 is empty, then =d4 will return a 0.)